Students will be able to:
1. Identify different nutrients that are needed for good health.
2. Explain how Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron function in the body.
3. Identify what foods are good sources of important vitamins and minerals.
4. Be able to identify ways to reduce the fat, sodium, and sugar content of meals.
5. Use food labels to make wise purchasing decisions.
6. Be able to modify food preparation techniques to avoid destruction of important nutrients.
Core Knowledge Competencies
Health, Safety and Nutrition
This class refers to all children.